Forum Discussion

Aviator19
New Contributor
9 days ago

Netgear CM3000

I recently decided on and bought a Netgear CM3000 modem because it was on Cox's supported modem list.  After attempting to find the page to simply change to the updated MAC address of the new CM3000 (which took some time to find, had to use Google search) which lead to the "activation website".  The result was to show Netgear CM3000 is not supported.

Did I just get scammed into spending money on an unsupported item they lied about being actually supported, or is there another problem happening here?

The new (still unused) and current 5-year old modem being replaced are both my own equipment, rented.

Aviator19
      New Contributor

Thank you for the real reply, unlike the obvious bot in here with the moderator position that hides behind template responses that might even go against it's own rule about discussing technical topics by providing no useful information at all about the topic!  Didn't even address the contradiction between the list of supported devices, and the activation/install page showing it's not supported!

I had been reluctant in "contacting" customer service up to this point because that's what the activation page is supposed to be about.  Besides, I'm a tech kind of person too, and if I can't figure it out on my own, I try to learn it, if I have to, by researching or asking questions.  And I don't like talking to people over the phone, lol.  It always seems like either a sales trap (and I know I don't have the social skills to play the game) or attempt to hide useful information that others (like myself on a forum) might actually benefit from, if only the correct information was provided.

I did search for CM3000 (I didn't think to search CM2000 too) before posting anything, and there's only one or two posts about it.

Again though, thanks for the real reply.

NicholeC

Hi Aviator19,

I apologize that we didn't address your question. Darkatt has provided the correct information. If your device is needing activation, there is supposed be a self service option for it, but if it isn't working properly, please feel free to email us with the information Darkatt provided and your account details. We can also ensure the information is correct and provision it for you. The email address is cox.help@cox.com 

Thank you. 

• Aviator19, The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet, Video, or Phone services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please feel free to reach us by phone or email at cox.help@cox.com

Cox will have to update your account to reflect your new modem information.

Cox Support Forums Moderator

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

LatoyaJ, Instead of the blather about customer's discussing technical subjects, why didn't YOU provide the correct answer to the customer question, as I did. 

LatoyaJ

Darkatt, The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet, Video, or Phone services with other customers. If you have questions regarding service help and responses, please feel free to reach us by phone or email at cox.help@cox.com

Cox Support Forums Moderator