Forum Discussion

Grantjjl
New Contributor
2 years ago

My cox internet keeps dropping connection!

For a little over a week now my internet has been dropping connection on all devices in my apartment, wired and wireless. I called cox and the first representative claimed that my issue was that my modem was “unhealthy” even though I’ve had it for less than a year. I have a net gear nighthawk C7000v2 which is a very expensive router. So I replaced my modem with a brand new net gear night hawk, but I’m still having the same problem. I then replaced all Ethernet cables and bought a new co-ax cable and the issue still is happening. I’ve called and talked to multiple 6+ representatives and texted with about 10+ others and no one has been able to do anything and they even refuse to send out a technician because there connection is good on there end and are blaming my equipment. Does anyone have any suggestions or should I just cut my losses and cancel my cox subscription??

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

When you say "brand new netgear nighthawk" are you talking about the CAX80? If so, when your connection drops do the lights on the modem change? If so, try posting your signal levels from 192.168.1.1 > user: admin password: password > Cable connection. There will be downstream and upstream levels. You can copy/paste the data or upload a screenshot to a hosting site. Posting pictures here is tricky. That won't fix your problem but it might show what the problem is.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Could have sworn I posted an answer here. Replace the barrel connector in the wall plate, if that doesn't help, you may need a trouble call. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Yea, something weird is going on with this thread. It says Chrisj2 posted 15min ago yet there is nothing from him.

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

I think he posted 2 forum posts.

ChrisJ2
      Hi, Campmaster. I'm so sorry you've had that experience with us. Customer service is very important to us. We value you and want you to have a positive experience and we'd like to help you fix your sporadic connection issue. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to get you back up and running. - ChrisJ - Cox Support Forums Moderator