Forum Discussion

whyisntthiseasi
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Moved service to a new apt and there isn't a cable drop

Cox is trying to charge me $100 to send a tech out to fix this problem. The support guy that I chatted with for 45 minutes said everything is good on his end and that he's done all he can do. Should I really have to pay for a tech to come install a cable drop for me that's supposed to already be here. Doesn't seem fair to me. I understand if I was relocating an existing drop but this shouldn't be on my bill.

Please someone, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

• Hi @Whyisntthiseasier

I know how important it is for you to get service at your new apartment. Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. Please contact us via email at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Whyisntthiseasier

I know how important it is for you to get service at your new apartment. Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. Please contact us via email at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Internal wiring/cabling isn't the responsibility of the utility provider. 

If you need telephone wiring, you pay, if you need fiber/cables, you pay. Unless you can get your apartment building to do something for you, the ONLY responsibility Cox, (or any OTHER provider) has, is up to the demarcation point. From that to the apartment is the responsibility of the renter or the apartment building.