Forum Discussion

ci1551
New Contributor
10 months ago

Issues upstream and downstream

having connection issues. 
tests are giving me about half download speeds and zero to barely uploads. Have done all the normal tests , reset model, went direct to modem. The snapshot is about ten minutes uptime.

ci1551
    New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

yes the split is needed for TV, will schedule a tech

Strange, looks like both addresses go to the modem.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Maybe has something to do with certain router manufacturers blocking the 192.168.100.x subnet. Good to know. Let us know how the technician goes. Happy holidays!

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

The fact that it has a IP of 192.168.0.1 makes me think you got a modem/router combo by Arris. What model is it exactly? If possible, have you tried bridge mode? Also, your downstream signal levels are a bit on the low side, specially on one of the downstream OFDM channels which has a SNR of 35. Any splitters or filters between the coaxial at the street and where it enters the room with the "modem"?

ci1551
      New Contributor

Arris sb8200, one splitter (1:2) was replaced last year by cox. No amplifiers

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Odd, wonder why you can access it from, 192.168.0.1. Did you create a static route? As per here the default IP is 192.168.100.1. No matter. Just explaining why I thought it was a combo. Do you need the splitter for a TV box? If not, I suggest swapping it out with a coupler. If that doesn't work or you need the splitter, you need a tech. The main issue would be the downstream OFDM channel number 2. Let us know how it goes.