Forum Discussion

Korde_Kutter
New Contributor II
6 years ago

Is anyone happy that Cox is their only internet provider?

The only way to get 4K is by streaming.  Cox has data caps and higher internet prices with rate hikes twice a year. Does anyone see this changing as this is the age of the internet and not cable tv with unnecessary Contour devices.

4 Replies

toystein
    New Contributor II

Cox robs their customers of value so they can put more money into their pockets (data caps). It wouldn't be that big of a deal, if there were alternative services.  But they have a monopoly... so too bad for us.  Just remember Cox business practices if an alternative actually comes to market. 

Korde_Kutter
      New Contributor II

We have 3 tv's in our home.  All are connected to our own over the air antennas and receive all the local channels we need or want.  I realized about ten years ago that I could stop paying Cox for television and was an early cord cutter.  The prices for the internet service are phony and they do not tell the truth about available speeds.  We only need 100 mbps and when they raised the price for 150 mbps for the third time in a year I got someone on the phone to admit that I could change speeds downward to 100mbps.  We stream over Roku devices and Fire Sticks as well as directly from our computers.  Somebody needs to educate consumers because many people pay a large portion of their income to Cox and the other huge media conglomerates who would like us to believe we need them for everything.

toystein
        New Contributor II

Exactly. There is no need for high data speeds when they punish their customers for using data.  Customers might as well go with the low speed tier, because the value of speed is nullified under these conditions.