Forum Discussion

first_name_last
New Contributor
3 years ago

Internet speed slow - router?

Not shocking to find upset customers here.

I find cox customer service to be severely lacking but I'm sure other do as well.

In any case, I recently started having trouble with slow speeds lots of buffering.  This started right after a cox 'outage'.  After the outage my internet didn't work at all... I called and was told to buy a new modem.  I did.  My internet now works but at slower speeds w/ buffering.  I called and was told either get a tech to come out or perhaps increase my speed... so I did that... I am now paying for 500mb... problem not solved plus I am getting only 160-180 when I do the speed test. 

my question is could the router be the problem?  Or is it just that cox can't provide the service they are charging me for.  There is nothing wrong with my wiring.  It was all fine before their 'outage'... also, my next door neighbor who has cox is having the same problem.

Should I replace my router or just get rid of cox?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    Or is it just that cox can't provide the service they are charging me for

Cox isn't done charging you yet.  You still have their Panoramic to rent, their higher plans to upgrade, their Complete Care to subscribe and toss in a few more perplexed techs.

first_name_last
      New Contributor

I think you are correct... they just continue to want charge more while continuing to provide a poor product.  As I said above, I will eventually be forced to find another solution for my internet needs.

thx