Forum Discussion

ChrisP95
New Contributor
2 years ago

Internet out PHX 85021 Increased Internet traffic

Internet has been out for an entire week. I can get on Youtube and some other sites but I'm unable to connect to Steam Discord etc. Was supposed to be fixed this morning at 12 but now there is no eta. This is insane.

44 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

You're connected to the Internet but some sites are unreachable?  Have you tried to reset your modem via the function in your Cox account?  What's the make and model of your modem?  Any unusual indications with its lights?  Provide your OS and we can provide how to clear your DNS cache.

ChrisP95
      New Contributor

Its been reset multiple times its the issue with cox and their service.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

If you can't connect to one site, it's probably the site.  However, if you can't connect to numerous site, it's probably how you get to the sites.  How you get to the sites is DNS.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

You should perform a tracert. If some sites are working, your internet is online. This sounds like an Internet backbone issue, and may not be in Cox's hands to fix. A traceroute would confirm that. 

ChrisP95
      New Contributor

And would a tracert fix my consoles, fix my other comptuter, my phone? If it will I iwll

ChrisP95
        New Contributor

And I tried to tracert to the patcher on battle net and it just says Unable to resolve target system name

ChrisP95
    New Contributor

Another weird thing now is a few times for a moment one of the sites I normally cant get on is available for a few minutes. Still can't connect to steam or discord

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Use a computer and run traceroutes to a number of places, notate which ones complete, and which ones fail, and what hop/ip address did they fail.