Forum Discussion

Weebler
New Contributor
4 years ago

Internet issues

Internet going up and down all night, called tech support no outages and they reset modem still having same issue. No way to report outages. Fix this ** it's getting old for us long time customers

5 Replies

proudworld
    New Contributor III

Where r u located?  I have been having intermittent outages all week lasting minutes to upwards of an hour.  Generally 3-4xs a day.  In ne Mesa. 

BluWondering
      New Contributor

I am in Mesa also and have the same complaint. There have been consistent service outages in my area since I moved to this particular location in late 2018. My cross streets are greenfield and university. I am livid because I have finally lost my job because I am considered "unreliable" because my outages have been so frequent. I have been working from home since 2017, only rarely going onsite to work. When I lived in west mesa, I never had outages like this. Several times I have gone to log onto my computer to start my shift and could not log on because of outages in my area. Or, I will be in the middle of a shift and the internet just goes out without warning and there is nothing I can do. I have upgraded my internet service and now pay $111 a month for service. I thought that maybe (I hoped) this problem might go away with upgraded service, even though area outages knocks out people with all levels of service. But of course it did not help a bit and now I am out of work. The frequency with which I had to report to management that I was experiencing an "area outage" began sounding pretty hokey after making this report repeatedly every week. And the way most apartment communities are set up these days, residents must use the service provider the complex is contracted with. So I do not have other service-provider options for internet.

BluWondering
        New Contributor

I was not done with my post and accidentally posted...anyways...I wonder if this problem is specific to my area or if cox service is generally poor these days everywhere. I live in an older community so I thought maybe it is older wiring or something specifically tied to my neighborhood. I am eager to read feedback from others and to learn if all cox customers experience the same service problems or it is just limited to my neighborhood. thanks.

almot
    New Contributor

I'm in North Scottsdale and also having the same problem. My internet periodically is going down for about 2 min and then goes back up. It happens several times a day. Tried resetting modem. Didn't help.