Forum Discussion

Hollydog
New Contributor
5 months ago

Internet Down Almost 24 Hours

Our internet has been down for almost 24 hours and all I get from Cox is:

UPDATE: We're sorry this complex network issue is taking longer than expected to resolve. Rest assured, a dedicated team is actively working to restore consistent service. We apologize again for the inconvenience and will continue to provide daily text updates.

I called their customer service and spoke to Chuck.  Well, spoke is a misnomer - Chuck took a deep breath and rattled off the above speel - he didn't take a breath nor did he allow me a chance to speak.  At the end of his speech he said 'thank you for being a loyal Cox customer'  AND THEN HUNG UP.

And to add insult to injury we received notice our rates were going up!  So much for being a loyal customer!  

I called back and spoke to another gentleman whose name I missed and asked if a technician could come to our house and check to make certain everything was OK in our end and my request was REFUSED!  He said that the problem was not with our house.  

So what's the deal with Cox internet?  And why is it taking so long to resolve?

• Hello. There are numerous reasons why service could be out in your area and we can look into that for you. Please feel free to send an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com