Forum Discussion

Luv2luvrite
New Contributor
2 months ago

Inexperienced rep

I recently spoke with a Cox Communication representative named Shane to try and resolve an issue with my uncle's phone. According to Shane, my uncle's bill was overdue, which was causing the phone to be suspended. However, I explained to him that we have been trying to get the phone unspended and back on since Thursday, March 7th and again on Saturday 3/9 but was unsuccessful. Despite my explanations, Shane continued to insist that the problem was due to the unpaid bill. When I asked to speak with a supervisor or another representative, he refused to transfer me and his customer service, stating he was the higher up. When I called back, I unfortunately got Shane again. I explained that I had already spoken to him and asked for his assistance in resolving the issue. However, he did not offer any helpful solutions and instead let me get upset again, which was not professional. My uncle, who has early-stage dementia, needs his phone in case of emergencies, and it was frustrating to not be able to resolve this issue with Cox Communication due to poor customer service.

During my third call, I got Loren on the phone. She simply had me turn the phone off and turned the phone back on easy resolution. She was excellent. Shane on other hand is an employee that needs retraining and taught how to communicate with customers.

lastly, since getting services for my uncle, I have had issue after issue with cox communication. Such as, equipment being lost being, told to go on the store to pick up equipment then being refused to be to be given at equipment, being charged for equipment that we never received, which I still think his account was overcharged at the end of the day, and having charges taken from my credit card, which has nothing to do with his account. I once use my card to buy him a phone. Cox politely took it up on himself to bill my card, when even though his card on was on auto pay, Cox please, get your act together, especially when dealing with our elderly.

Beyond frustrated customer.

5 Replies

• Hello. I recommend sending an email with any account and/or service related concerns to cox.help@cox.com. 

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

While what you are dealing with is unfortunate, it's the norm. Cox no longer trains 1st level support in technical issues, they have to follow a monkey script called Solution Center. 99% of the Cox agents in Tier 1 haven't a clue, and worse, I am told by some, that they no longer are required to escalate calls when requested. Not sure if that's the truth, but that's what I am hearing from friends who have had to call for assistance. 

Luv2luvrite
      New Contributor

The entire process made me frustrated and angry. I was ready to cancel my account because the process was so difficult for something that should have been easy.

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

I hear you. When i was in Tier 1, if I had the minimal level of knowledge they have now, I would have been walked out of the door. ALL I can suggest is request escalation to CAG. Most of them are technically competent and can take care of your issues. Most of the reps who are in here as well, such as TiffanyR and LisaH. I worked with both of them when I was in Data Tier 2, and they are both extremely knowledgeable. If you have issues, they can help handle them.