Forum Discussion

Ron20m
New Contributor
6 years ago

I'm getting Daily Phishing emails

I keep blocking every one but they just keep hammering me every single day. minimum of 2 and sometimes 4-5 every day. Has cox been compromised?

7 Replies

• Ron,
    Are you marking messages as spam in webmail or blocking them on your device or app? When possible please mark the messages in webmail.

ColleenD. Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Celithe
    New Contributor

I can also confirm there are a lot of these types of emails coming through in the last few months, it's getting so ridiculous I'm considering deleting my email account after having it for more than a decade. 

LisaH
      Hi Celithe. If you are getting spam emails that you didn't get before, have you subscribed or unsubscribed to anything recently? If you are using Cox webmail, you can mark each email as spam and it will send information to our spam department to block these senders. Also, you can create a filter under settings to filter out certain types of emails as well. We are working on our spam filters as well to increase the filtering of spam. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Celithe
        New Contributor

Since the spam and junk mail seems to have increased, I did try to unsubscribe. However the garbage I'm getting now is so suspicious that I'm just blocking everything, but it's a ridiculous amount. Several of the phishing emails appear to come from cox or comcast, I forwarded them as attachments to phishingreport@cox.net. I will try marking the spam on webmail as well.

le-c-b
    New Contributor

I am also suddenly getting ridiculous amounts of spam that I never got before. I have not signed up for anything new. This is awful! I am almost to the point of wanting to completely delete my email account. It would be such a pain though as this is the email address I have had for years and years.