Forum Discussion

OneMoreStimpak
New Contributor
2 years ago

I have to say this

Hello everyone, this is a bit of a rant but I feel like it needs to be out there. I recently moved from Illinois to Las Vegas and I have never experienced being in a town with one ISP having a monopoly on the market. Man do I wish that stayed true. 

I have only been forced to have Cox Internet for 5-6 months now and I have never experienced a worse ISP. This service is more unreliable than satellite. I can't count the amount of times I get back home on a Friday night, ready to relax, watch some TV or play a game just to have my night ruined from another all night outage. 

I want people to know that might have always been in a area like this that it is not normal. I lived in one of the poorest areas in IL and I can't remember a time that my Internet would just be out. 

A message to Cox; with a competitor on the horizon (gigablast at&t) you will lose business quickly. It's the sole fact you are the only option that you get away with 70% at best up times. It's embarrassing how Cox allows itself to be a third rate provider. I'm counting down the days until I can switch.

JakeyD92
    New Contributor

Yep, the only reason I switched back to Cox from ATT fiber was because of availability after I moved. ATT is slowly working its way towards me though, and I can't wait to drop this garbage.

• I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand this must be frustrating and we want to ensure your services are good and consistent. Please email us your full name and complete address to Cox.Help@cox.com.