Forum Discussion

SmilingPluvius
New Contributor
3 months ago

How to enable port forwarding?

Accessing my router via web browser tells me to download the smartphone app.

The smartphone app tells me "something unexpected happened" when I go to access the port forwarding option.

The robot in the support chat tells me Cox has "removed" port forwarding.

Do I need to start shopping for another ISP?

How do I enable port forwarding?

7 Replies

• Hello. We do block/restrict certain ports. You can find more information about those ports and why here: https://www.cox.com/residential/support/internet-ports-blocked-or-restricted-by-cox.html

SmilingPluvius
      New Contributor

None of those are the port I need to enable forwarding for. How do I enable port forwarding so I can play an online videogame? I attempted to use the chat on the website, but all they did was try and upsell me on new routers and attempt to send a technician out, for which I would have to pay.

ColleenD

SmilingPluvius 

Are you having any trouble with other sections of the app? What about other options in Advanced Settings?  I've had my peers check the app and aren't seeing any issues with the WiFi app. If logging out, clearing app cache and logging back in doesn't clear up your ability to access the port forwarding options in the app please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, description of the trouble you're having and a link to your thread.