Forum Discussion

coxidiot
New Contributor II
6 years ago

How Do I Notify Cox About All The Spam I Get

I have sent help emails to the following cox addresses 3 times and have not received a response from anyone.

<CoxHSI.Services@Cox.com>

<HamptonRoads.Services@cox.comCox Communications <

<coxcommunications@express.medallia.com>

Is there another email address I can use that will let them know that I get 30 spam emails every day and this started when they changed their format.

Thanks

9 Replies

jstchilln
    New Contributor

I will be watching this thread closely. Ever since Cox moved to the new E mail system I have been floooded with spam. It doesnt work to block the sender because they use bogus emails that change daily. I have noticed that when i sign into the cox webmail site that they are using tracking cookies to track the usage of THEIR OWN CUSTOMERS. This is ridiculous and IMO cox is selling our info and profiting from their own paying customers.

• Lots of Spam subject here on the forum. You can try reading about that for a starter. Contacting Cox is probably not going to help, but you should start with a phone call to make sure your basic spam filtering is switched on.

jstchilln
      New Contributor

I have a lot of important emails that I receive and I hate to have something important filtered out as spam. My rpoblem it that I think Cox is promoting this spam.

coxidiot
      New Contributor II

UPDATE

I think I know what Cox does, they sell email addresses but only to legitimate customers for advertising. It is a practice that many email providers also do. However, what the advertisers do with the email addresses is beyond control of Cox. So there you have it.

otarakiwi
      New Contributor III

i was doing this for weeks on end and still got the same email regarding adt and windows and herpes and five fatal foods etc.  they still come and each morning i get the same 6 or 7 emails

otarakiwi
    New Contributor III

i have found that if i created a rule for example if the subject has herpes in it then to block.  another rule was if it has ADT in it block, the other rule if it has TRUMPCARE to block.  this has helped reduce the number of spams.  reporting them to the cox spam email doesn't work

CarolLM
      Former Moderator
      Hi there, usually at the bottom of those emails is a link to unsubscribe as well. You'll want to check for that, and allow up to 90 days for the request to be processed and the emails stopped.
      -Thanks, Carol
        paul_johnson
        New Contributor
        1. Uh, we are talking about spam, not email lists that can be unsunscribed from  By definition you should never react to any content in spam, and any unsunscribed button you find in the body of spam will be utterly useless. Worse most likely  
        2. If it is a valid email list to which you have knowingly signed up for, then it's not spam and by all means unsunscribe.