Forum Discussion

rdgraham1
New Contributor
2 years ago

How can I have a device restarted that I connect to a coxwifi hotspot on that's not working. The name is Setup-318C the address is 1919 n la Canada green valley az 85614?

How can I have a device restarted that I connect to a coxwifi hotspot on that's not working. The name is Setup-318C the address is 1919 n la Canada green valley az 85614?

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Setup-318C, is not a WiFi hotspot, it's the default SSID of sombody's Pano Modem, and you cannot connect to that. 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      it's the default SSID of sombody's Pano Modem

While I don't disagree, how do you know it's from a Pano modem? Couldn't it be from any router or AP?

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

Cause the older pano modems default SSID was setup-(last 4 of the MAC ID). No other router that I am familiar with, and there is a LOT I am familiar with used that particular naming convention. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Send an email to cox.help@cox.com to troubleshoot Setup-318C.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor
    Setup-318C

The name of the network is that? If so, how is that a CoxWifi hotspot? The name should be "CoxWifi". Also, I searched that area and the closest AP is at Frausto’s Street Tacos across the street at 1910 N La Cañada Dr # 4, Green Valley, AZ 85614.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Other providers participate in the hotspots (CableWiFi).  Device may be offline, removed, relocated, etc.  Who knows...send an email.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Just a stab in the dark, but perhaps the confusion is a case of dangling modifiers.

The "device" could be the OP's device (laptop, tablet, phone, etc), and the OP has normally used this device to automatically connect to a CoxWiFi.  However, the CoxWiFi may actually be "not working."

Since the hotspot is offline, OP is asking how to connect this device to OP's "older pano modem" instead of automatically connecting to the CoxWiFi.

Darkatt
      Honored Contributor

COULD Be, but the address provided is an apartment complex, so either they ARE trying to find a Cox Hotspot, or they are connecting to their pano modem, (BTW, the wpa/preshare key is posted on the  bottom on the sticker if it IS your modem), and if it's someone else's wifi, then accessing it without their permission is a federal offense. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

What is weird is there are no hotspots listed for the apartment complex. Nearest one is across the street at a business. I imagine the map doesn't show every hotspot broadcasting gateway?

As for federal offense, I don't think anything nefarious is going on. Sounds like simple user error to me.