Forum Discussion

Dave9
Contributor III
4 years ago
Solved

Here we go again, part 3

As I've mentioned in my previous posts, my connection works flawlessly for about 6 weeks before it requires maintenance. For the past few days, upstream packet loss and T3 timeouts have returned. Loo...
    4 years ago

UPDATE: Tech came out and somehow diagnosed the line from the tap to my house as being bad, even though it was just replaced 7 months ago. He had some unusual theories about what causes lines to go bad, so I didn't push back on this. Needless to say, replacing the line didn't resolve the issue. I don't like making unnecessary changes to something as delicate as the cable network since there's always a risk of making things worse, but it seems like there was no net effect from this cable replacement.

Return visit, the tech identified packet loss at the tap and opened a maintenance ticket. As of this morning, T3 timeouts have stopped and packet loss has been resolved. This process took 2 1/2 days which is about average.

The moral of the story is what I always say. The cable network requires constant maintenance. My connection is stable for now, but I know that won't last for more than a couple of months. I wish Cox would be more proactive about network monitoring and maintenance, but nothing I can do to change that. All I can do is call for a tech each time my connection becomes unstable.