Forum Discussion

John2222
Contributor II
20 days ago

Help! I already have had a Yahoo account for years.

Help!  I already have a Yahoo account for years.  Now what do I do to complete the transition?   

Did Yahoo create a new different abc@yahoo.com account and password?  Or a abc@cox.net account?  I don't see any information for users with TWO yahoo accounts.  I can't log in!

Does it matter if server settings are both POP or IMAP or mixed? for this transition.

Need some detailed instructions.  (I've looked and searched but not found anything yet for this situation. 

6 Replies

• Hi John2222. You will get an email stating that your cox.net email account has transitioned to yahoo. Once you get this email, you will then go to yahoo.com and sign in with your cox.net email account with Cox.net on it and you will be then asked to create a new password. Once this is done, you will change the server settings on the cox account with the new server settings - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html - IMAP settings or POP - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4724.html - along with the new password that you created. I hope that this helps. If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

John2222
    Contributor II

Thank you LisaH for helping.  I guess I haven't completely gone through transition 100% yet.  I can send test email from my iPad to another cox account, but when I try sending test email from iPhone to another cox account, I get this:

"Cannot Get Mail"  No password provided for "Yahoo"  Please go to Mail account Settings and enter a password.

Any ideas?  Both are set as POP3 server settings.  I went to my-account-settings and entered my password and got red error message "Invalid password. Please try again"

LisaH

John, did you cox email account transition to Yahoo yet? It sounds like the password for the email address on your iPhone isn't the same as what is on your iPad. 

John2222
        Contributor II

I don't know if it transitioned or not.  I changed password on iPhone and was able to send emails, but when I just now tried sending email from iPhone with new changed password it said "Cannot send Mail.  The connection to the outgoing server smtp.cox.net failed. ...  "NO space left on device"  What does that mean?

LisaH

If you are talking about your cox.net email account, please try to log into myemail.cox.net and see if the password works. If it has transitioned to yahoo, you will sign into yahoo.com and let me know the outcome. Thanks,