Forum Discussion

Glenee
Contributor II
2 years ago

Every Time I go to email it wants 2 factor autho.

Every time I go to my Cox email after not looking at it for about a hour it wants to send me a code. I don't mind 2 factor autho. but it used to be once or twice a month this is just too much. Come on now. Enough is enough.

Yes I always check the box that says remember on this Computer of Ipad. 

What's next a complete resign up for cox.

I don't like this at all. 

10 Replies

Glenee
    Contributor II

WMO, I never changed a thing it just started on it's own. Only on Cox email. It's go to be a glitch that will be straightened out by tommorrow. Not only will I not stand for this with my eamil I won't stand for this from my IP provider. OEC is right in my back yard and a lot of my neighbors have gone to them. I just went to go outside for a minute never turn my computer off and it asked for 2 factor auth to the code sent.

Let's just hope for the both of us that this stops in a day or two.

Not threatening or being mean you all can tell from my staying with cox the last 25 years.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

If you don't like their email, stop using it. There are lots of other free email options out there. You shouldn't tie your email to your ISP anyway. Makes it harder to switch.

Glenee
        Contributor II

You are right . I will start making the change over. I was just pstd but that stuff they ate trying to do with their 2factor is ridiculous at best. No other 2 factor is that far off the mark and does not accomplish a thing with that frequency 

Glenee
      Contributor II

Thanks Mike,

I am starting to get to the bottom of things. I may end up owing a Big Appoligy to Cox. I am starting to see signs  that a recent Update on my Mac from Apple may be the culprit. A Thousand Pardons if this is it.

Glen