Forum Discussion

JeffinLouisiana
Contributor
2 years ago

Email down

Is there an email outage tonight?    It started at 1am.     Can't access webmail or pop3 on phone or pc.

58 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Sending email is hit-or-miss via Webmail.  Server errors.  The mail queues must be stuffed.

pmortaloni
    New Contributor

I haven’t got an email in Las Vegas since 1008 on 26 Jan 23.

something is screwed up and no information from cox via text or other means

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

The Webmail issue prevents sending email.  You should be able to receive Webmail.

• Still intermittently down in in Rhode Island.  Webmail sometimes works.  Sending usually fails with a server error message.

LatitiaS
      Hello JohnInRhodeIsland,

My apologies for the delay. There was a confirmed issue with Webmail that has since been resolved. Please feel free to reach out to us via email at Cox.help@cox.com if you require additional support.

Latitia
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Campmaster
    New Contributor III

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request. 11 AM CST Phoenix down since midnite Cannot send mail, receives ok. Not a tekkie - I just want this to work. Like my car, or any other thing 

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      I just want this to work.

Switch to Gmail. It "just works" and I haven't had a problem in the 10+ years I have been using it. This outage after maintenance shows how little Cox cares about email service.

Campmaster
    New Contributor III

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request. same here phx since 1 am fri am....

Campmaster
    New Contributor III

I can send from my phone coxemail - not from compueter!???

LatitiaS
      Hi Campmaster,

My apologies for the delay. There was a known issue impacting the Webmail, of which has since been resolved. If you require any additional assistance, please mail us at Cox.help@cox.com.

Latitia
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • When I think of Cox's email servers, this comes to mind.  A large room full of routers and storage somewhere in Atlanta.  Complicated to troubleshoot when issues come up, unless its a power supply.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

How weird.  I had always thought of open-reel tapes and floppy disks.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      A large room full of routers and storage somewhere in Atlanta.

Not anymore. Cox outsourced their email to Rackspace. Just run a tracert to their POP or IMAP servers to see.  Their SMTP servers are still on Cox though.

AlwinCalifornia
    New Contributor II

Keeps going down periodically. Insanely annoying "stop what you're doing right now and click a button that won't fix Cox's server" prompts from Thunderbird.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

I'd be interested in seeing a screenshot of that Thunderbird message prompt.

TiffanyR
      Hello AlwinCalifornia.,

I am not aware of any email outages currently. When you receive these messages in Thunderbird, have you tried switching to Webmail to see if you have access to your emails there? myemail.cox.net/appsuite If not, can you give this a try the next time you get that message and let us know the results?

Tiffany R.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

There is a problem with the mail server. I am getting spurious errors in outlook and Windows live mail, and verified server issues by using telnet. (Yes, I am old school, but you know that). It's inconsistent  and will work sometimes, and then stop for several tries.