Forum Discussion

draeith
New Contributor II
11 months ago

docsis network access enabled denied

My internet has been out for at least 2 days (maybe longer I was out of town) and when I access my modems local page it showed “docsis network access enabled denied“ along with “security failed” and a single download stream that is set to “not locked” and no upload streams.

Is this something on my end or on coxs end

18 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      draeith
      New Contributor II

No I actually bought it brand new a year and a half ago and it worked fine up until the last week

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

If it's second Even NEW, it could be used, someone bought it, didn't like it returned it, and it got re shrink wrapped. If so the person who originally put it on their account would have to give permission for removal. 

draeith
        New Contributor II

It worked for a year and a half so I doubt it has to do with other people owning it previously assume it wasn’t actually new like it said

Lovemylab
    Contributor III

I would try rebooting and just double check that those errors are still there. If they are, then certainly reach out to Cox. Those steps occur in sequence and if there is a handshake error, everything stops.

• The only other time I've ever seen those two messages in a modem log it was a theft of service modem trying to get online.

Lovemylab
    Contributor III

When you look at your connection, can you mouse over the information icons and see the pop-ups? 

draeith
      New Contributor II

I’ll be home in a few minutes to check but I don’t believe so

draeith
      New Contributor II

Just got home and no I don’t have those pop ups, my acquire download channel is also at 0 hz unlike yours

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Email Cox and ask them to "reprovision" your modem. Also have them check your account for anything from Cox Security. They should be able to see the bad configuration file that is denying you access to the DOCSIS network. Finally, check the contact email you have on file with Cox about anything unusual going on with your account.