Forum Discussion

3207buckaroo
New Contributor
4 months ago

data usage warning

I keep getting data usage reminders but when I go onto the cox site link it goes to the main page but when I log in my antivirus program blocks the site and says it is a phishing site looking for data.  It seems to show everything correctly I cannot access the site at all.

You've used
90% of your data

Hi Jeff,

Looks like you've used 90% of your data this billing cycle. We wanted to flag this so you can carefully manage your data through the end of your cycle on January 24, 2024.

View and manage your data here:

7 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like maybe you're getting fake notifications. Can you post the first part of the link? Don't post the whole thing just incase someone clicks on it here. Also, who is the email from?

• Hello 3207buckaroo,

There are several ways you can view and keep track of your data usage. You can view your usage anytime with the Data Usage meter by logging into My Account on cox.com. This is also available on the Cox app. If you’re using Panoramic Wifi, you can see the devices that are using the most data via the Panoramic Wifi app. For more information please visit https://www.cox.com/residential/internet/learn/data-usage.html.

3207buckaroo
      New Contributor

no-reply@mx.cox.com

You've used 90% of your data. View in browser

Haz clic aquí para español

You've used

90% of your data

Hi Jeff,

Looks like you've used 90% of your data this billing cycle. We wanted to flag this so you can carefully manage your data through the end of your cycle on January 24, 2024.

View and manage your data here:

Manage Data

on the Cox App

Manage Data

on My Account (Web)

What happens if you go over?

Since it would be your first time going over, we'll issue a one-time courtesy credit for each $10 overage charge.

If you go over in future billing cycles, we'll automatically add another 50 gigabytes for $10 and so on until you reach our $100 limit of data overage charges or until your next usage cycle begins.

Need help managing your data?

Tips to manage data, FAQs and more.

No one likes surprises on their bills, so if you need more help understanding your plan, contact us anytime at cox.com/chat.

Thanks for choosing Cox.

One last thing...

One last thing...

Set up your Cox User ID

Download our app

Our Cox app is an easy and convenient way to pay your bill and get support.

3207buckaroo
      New Contributor

By the way I cannot even access the site cox.com right now it just spins and does not download.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

I suggest downloading and using the Cox App on your cell phone or tablet. Fast and easy. I have it setup on my phone for biometric login, and I login select data usage and it's right up. 

3207buckaroo
      New Contributor

I cannot download the ap because I have a canadian cell phone cox is one of those companies that does not allow canadian cell phones to download the ap.