Forum Discussion

BobMartin
New Contributor
3 months ago

Data Cap is Too Low

Why is it only 1280 GB? That's not much for a modern family of four. This cap is like a blast from the past of 15 years ago. I'm on a fiber to the prem connection so network bottlenecks should not be an issue. Competitors offer unlimited data on fiber but sadly I can't switch. So my router is unplugged and I'm on a hotspot. Forgot my thermostat needs the internet to get outside temperature and switch to gas heating...so it's been short cycling the heat pump all night.....

Pay $10 for every 50 GB overage? Pay twice the price for unlimited? No thanks. Oh! That looks like a money grab. I thought I saw a money grab, I did, I did. Probably will cancel and go back to fixed cellular. Less speed, higher price but no caps. Oh wait, even my local yocal fixed cell can offer service without caps? Yup....

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi BobMartin,

We regret to hear you're unhappy with the service. We'd be glad to assist with any concerns. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Thank you.