Forum Discussion

wetbaloney
New Contributor
6 years ago

Cox Walmart $1000 gift card popup Safari iOS

I get a popup about the giftcard after a few moments on any page I open in Safari on my iPad. If one clicks “close” in the popup window you get the page to select your box. If you go back or open another tab, same thing happens.  Not happening in Chrome.  Only change to the iPad was I backed it up earlier in the day.

Any way to get rid of this?

1 Reply

• Hi Wetbaloney, this is a scam. It sounds very similar to what recently happened while I was using Safari on my iPad. I kept getting routed to a "you've won! Click OK to claim your prize" page that took over my browser. The only way to fix it was to force-quit Safari, and then clear all website data. Complete the following steps on your iPad: open Settings, tap Safari, scroll down and tap Advanced, tap Website Data, and then tap Remove All Website Data. When you open Safari again, the offending website should be gone. If clearing your history and data doesn’t work, you may need to temporarily disable JavaScript. (Open Settings, tap Safari, tap Advanced, and then tap the JavaScript toggle to OFF.) Relaunch Safari and you should be able to close the fake gift card page. You can then turn JavaScript back on. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator