Forum Discussion

ManongPidong
New Contributor
2 months ago

Cox Panoramic Router-Modem

I have a neighbor who just bought a brand new house that is wired for a network system. She has a Cox Panoramic modem and  router combo that is placed in a panel in a small laundry room. The way it is located restricts her wifi signal to a point that she has poor signal in her house even just a few feet away from the router location. I looked at her router modem combo and it not a cable modem. The incoming connection is through a ethernet cable. Do you know of any modem brand or product that supplies an ethernet IN and ethernet OUT connection so I can use a switch that I can then connect a wifi router to the existing wires in the house?

bm
    New Contributor

all cox panoramic items are cable modems unless she has fiber then its an ONT  Optical Network Terminal that would be known by the fact that there would be no coax cable connection to it connection to it> If its is an ONT im not sure if it has an included router or not but from what ive read the ont has one ethernet port that you can plug a router into