Forum Discussion

tschea
New Contributor
2 months ago

Cox credit?

Backstory: my wifi had been timing out for half the day for the last three weeks. I remember this well because it started around the first game of the NBA series(wifi shut off right before the game). At first, it happened maybe once or twice that week. Then the weeks following up until this past Monday(7/8), it was essentially everyday. The wifi would shut off right when I’d get home from work. I would literally sit down to wind down and bam, modem light starts spinning. Anyway, two techs later, they gave me a new modem and everything has been well since then. 

My issue now is that I don’t believe I should pay the full month’s bill when I haven’t received full service. I spoke with an agent who ensured me that I’d be credited and yet I see nothing? I spoke with another agent afterward who’s giving me the run around and stated my usage is the same as previous months. Which is entirely not true and I have screenshots to prove so. I’m glad I took screenshots too because now when I head to the app my history conveniently doesn’t load. I am so frustrated. 

Anyone have tips? I’m seriously considering switching to another service. 

2 Replies

Isaac713
    New Contributor II

I have had that same experience! When I spoke with the agent they said they were calculating the credit. After waiting about ten mins they said their system was down and we should check back in 2-3 hours. Then proceeded to ask me how my day was going…I’m best friends with Oliver atp since I have to talk to him every day smh