Forum Discussion

tomv
New Contributor II
19 days ago

Cox and MLB blackouts

Cox Communications has never understood MLB blackout policy.  For years I had customer service people tell me they weren’t carrying the Fox Sports MW (Now Bally Sports) Cardinal broadcast because of blackout policy. I could never make contact with anyone knowledgable to explain that they had it backwards.  Then the last two years the problem corrected itself and everything was fine.

This year—HERE WE GO AGAIN.  Friday night MLB network carried the St.Louis-Arizona game but it was blacked out here to protect local broadcast rights.  That would be to protect Bally’s broadcast.  But Cox didn’t carry the Bally game—probably because it was on MLB network.  They have it backward.  Sunday they did the same thing.  They carried Saturday’s game because it wasn’t on MLB network.

Bally Sports is NEVER blacked out in this area.  The MLB blackout policy is to protect local rights holders like Bally.  I understand all Oklahoma programming is done in Atlanta.  I wish someone would explain it to them.  It’s really rather simple…unless you are simple minded.

1 Reply

• Hello, I am very sorry you have not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!