Forum Discussion

sokal48
New Contributor
7 years ago

connection and speed issues

For the past month I have been having high ping rates on Xbox and buffering in Netflix.  Checking my speed from several websites and locations speed rarely goes over 150mMbps. I currently subscribe to the ultimate package.  I have called support with minimal changes to status.  I believe my connection lines outside the home could be the cause.  Any recommendations would be great.

these are my modem status from today after a reset and the 27th after a week of up time.

16 Replies

• Hello sokal48, The modem does still appear to display some signal issues that can deteriorate the cable connection and would recommend sending a tech out to take a deeper dive into the issue. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com when available. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can assist with scheduling a visit to the home.
    sokal48
    New Contributor

A Tech came out and was very helpful. ran a bunch of test and added a power reducer to lower my power. he test all my lines and all were in good shape.  Net worked well for a few days now, until today.....  back to intermittent connections, web pages time out like dial up slow at page loading.  i also seem to be getting disconnected enough to have some uncorrectable again.  The tech was to send a Main line Tech to check the power lines.  I believe that the Gloucester point, VA area is having a major connection issue.  Please find and fix this issue.

• sokal48,

If maintenance has adjusted signal on the lines we might need to tweak signal at the home. I'd like to schedule another appointment. Please email me at cox.help@cox.com so we can get you set up.

sokal48
    New Contributor

there has to be an issue that still need to be fixed or looked in to.  I know i'm not the only one with speed and latency issues in my area.  The service of 300Mbps up and 30Mbps is what i pay for.  Should be able to stream netflix or play online games with no issue.  this was my modem readings today. Seems that every few days is something going on. 

MarkM1
    Former Moderator

sokal48,

Are you able to hardwire a laptop to the modem & run a speed test there? We would like to see where the problem may be coming from.

AZDesertGal
    New Contributor

I guess I am not the only one with these problems of the problem seemingly corrected after service call and then only works for a few days and the problem is back again. :(