MrCat
New Contributor
10 months ago

Can’t log in to email for last 6 hrs?

Anyone else ema been down for 7 hrs?

13 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Try deleting your cookies. That has helped some. Also, don't use any store links on your computer. Log into Cox.com and click the option to view your email that way.

Even_another_un
      New Contributor

This does nothing. Manually entered passwords and saved passwords return "incorrect" for EVERY address.  COX is screwed up AGAIN!

khagg72
        New Contributor II

Same here. Cox, again, "fixing" something that isn't broke.

Even_another_un
      New Contributor

And by the way, we ARE using the web based mail system that is supposedly NEW AND IMPROVED...not.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Don't kill the messenger. LOL. I am a user just like you. I was just giving you the troubleshooting steps that have helped for some. I agree the new UI is more trouble then it's worth and Cox did a bad job communication the transition. However I predict some of these problems will go away in a day or two as all the accounts are transitioned and connections on the back end are synced.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If you normally use a password stored in your browser and got an incorrect password after manually typing it, it's possible you keyed the password incorrectly.  Just to eliminate that variable, go into your browser settings and copy your stored password, then paste it into the sign in box on the Cox webpage.

JRkc89
    New Contributor

web based is down but my microsoft outlook can still log in and retrieve emails

technoman
      New Contributor II

I've had these same problems. I used the latest version of Firefox on my PC and cleared cookies/site data for all Cox sites. When I tried Chrome, then it worked.

edrocker
    New Contributor

I’m able to login to my webmail in my IPhone using Safari, but not my laptop using Microsoft Edge. 

slwjd
      New Contributor

I have heard from a cox employee the challenges associated with accessing our email accounts is related to Cox's decision to no longer provide email services and to encourage existing email users to move on to other providers.

DannyS

Hello slwjd, the purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally due to the connection issues you have expressed.  If needed, we can definitely assist you with this.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com anytime for assistance.  We are always happy to help.