Forum Discussion

JeffinLouisiana
Contributor
11 months ago

Burial cables

I see in my neighbhorhood that Cox ran new orange RG6 underground drops to a few homes but didn't bury them.   Its been a few weeks and they still didn't bury them.   Why does it take so long for them to bury a cable six inches deep?   I would bury the cable myself it that was my drop.  The lawn people will cut it for sure.   Some are rental properties so I guess the landlord doesn't care are has no idea  its not buried.

4 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

First, they have to have ALL the underground services marked so they don't hit an electrical line, sewage line, sprinkler line, gas line, etc etc. Most localities require those markings before they can be buried. SOME localities require a permit as well, and depending ON that locality, it can take as long as 3 months or more. 

• Hello, with no delays, it can take 4-6 weeks to fully complete this type of work. As markings and permits may be needed. So we would look to have this completed soon. Apologize for any unsightly delays. If we can assist with any specific questions or concerns. We can also be reached on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com for assistance anytime. -Dan
      JeffinLouisiana
      Contributor

Thanks for the reply.    I didn't know it was that many steps.    That's all good except when you live in a condo complex,  the grass cutting company loves to cut cable lines even with red flags on the ground.

" We can also be reached on Twitter at @CoxHelp"--  If Elon lets you.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Have you gotten lots of rain lately?  The edges of trench may be too wet for the equipment.  I'm sure it'd be safe for shovel work.