Forum Discussion

Icewater
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Better way to contact Cox???

Is there a better way to reach Cox rather than using Oliver or the Phone Support? Isn't there an e-mail to send requests to?

Every few weeks/months my internet slows down from 1000mbps down and 35mbps up (the usual) to 100 (or much less)mbps down and 0.5mbps up for several days/weeks.  I try to deal with the Oliver and Phone Service folks who are obviously following a predetermined script (and this hours to work through), then have to deal with technicians coming to my home and doing the exact same troubleshooting I have already done to find that nothing is wrong with my equipment (for a few days).  And then magically everything returns to 1000mbps down and 35mbps up after several days - usually after seeing the Cox repair technicians tinkering with the outside boxes. 

This has been going on for years (I've been with Cox since 2006).  Seems like after paying well over $200 per month for service I shouldn't have to do this every time the service slows down too much to get work done.  Maybe it's time to just switch to someone a little more reliable?? and responsive?? 

I have logs from Speedtest by Ookla showing when this happens and it would be nice to be able to e-mail the logs to someone to prove I'm not just a crackpot (contrary to this long message might suggest).

17 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

First, cox.help@cox.com

Second, what model modem and router do you have? Can you post your signal levels from 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1 depending on which modem/gateway you have.

I see you deleted your post. Waiting for signal levels.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

First, you don't want to post your public IP on a public forum. Please edit that out. Actually the speed test data isn't very relevant. You can remove all that.

Instead, can you post signal levels from 192.168.0.1 > Log in > Connection > Cox Network.

Icewater
    New Contributor II

I sent the file... don't know what happened.  I have a DOCSIS 3.1 CGM4331COX Panoramic Modem from Cox

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Can you post your signal levels? 192.168.0.1 > Log in > Connection > Cox Network. Should be downstream and upstream power and SNR levels.

Icewater
    New Contributor II

The Cox e-mail worked and they have already responded to assist.  Thanks!

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Oh, nevermind then. If you want to troubleshoot here, see my previous post.

Icewater
        New Contributor II

Haven't gone in that way before... when I use my normal password it gives me an error message (incorrect user name), same when I use the name on the modem... something new to learn here?

Icewater
    New Contributor II

For the record, while there are occassional issues; the general overall performance is better than one might believe from the complaints.  If everything is working well, there is no need to take the time to log-in and write something.  Given the technical nature of the service, the multitude of things that can go wrong, and demand placed on the system, they're doing pretty well.

I've been with Cox since 2006 and on a scale of 1-10, they would be a 9 in my book.  Granted, when I have issues, it would be nice to have a direct way to get it fixed and fixed quickly, but overall, they have been responsive and helpful when you get to the right person.