Forum Discussion

confundido
New Contributor
5 years ago

accessing router traffic logs

My old router allowed me to view traffic for the entire household.  I'd expect this more modern Panoramic to do the same but I haven't figured it out yet.  I can log into the router admin but don't see logs.

Where do I look?

Also, I read the phone app allowed you to monitor traffic so installed the Cox app on my Android and it only shows me "this device was online but had minimal activity."  This is after watching some video on youtube that certainly should have generated some traffic.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @confundido, the Panoramic WiFi app does not show the router logs for the wireless router. You can create user profiles for your devices, and also view daily data usage for each individual device in your in-home network. Additionally, you can also set the channels through Network > Advanced Settings > 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi. We generally recommend enabling band steering and setting the channels to automatic for optimal results.

www.cox.com/.../benefits-of-one-home-network-wifi-name-and-password.html

-Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    confundido
    New Contributor

thanks for fast reply. is there another router i could get with that capability? trying to keep an eye on kids’ traffic ya know.

confundido
      New Contributor

I'm reading about OpenDNS and their FamilyShield and the ability to monitor network access with them. They have instructions for setting your router up to use OpenDNS but Panoramic appears to only be IP6 and OpenDNS doesn't do that yet.

Thoughts?

And yeah, I see a bunch of other cable modem wifi routers on Amazon but haven't figured out which ones support logging yet.  So if anyone has any experience, that'd be great.