Forum Discussion

krazman325
New Contributor
2 years ago

A new name! Woohoo!! Same lousy service. Are you excited too?

I received my new bill today informing me of this important news:  "Preferred Internet is now called Go Even Faster Internet.  It's a new name with the same fast speeds." HAHAHAHA  Last week Speedtest clocked my d/l speed at 56mbps.  It's supposed to be 250mbps.  Yup...go even faster.  HAHAHAHA  HOW ABOUT MAKING THE SERVICE BETTER AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE MARKETING NAMES!!!  I can't wait to switch to that new fiberoptic internet providor coming to Newton KS.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you testing over Wi-Fi or ethernet? If wired, what model modem and router do you have? Overall I agree that the new names are silly but this change came with increased downloads and uploads so it's more then a relabel. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

The lousy service of Cox means "Go Even Faster" to the new fiberoptic internet provider coming to Newton!

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Not all fiber is equal. Some providers use something called CGNAT that can be problematic to gaming and things that use port forwarding like cloud controlled camera systems. Also, some providers force you to use their ONT/router combo which can be a issue if you have already invested into your own network. Fiber still has a lot of things going for it but it pays to do your homework before switching.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

CGNAT and mandatory equipment vs. 56 Mbps?  Hmm...let me give this a think.