Forum Discussion

Tekabo
New Contributor
4 years ago

10 question survey for free samsanug s10 or iphone 11 legit or not?

Is this legit or not i recieved a survey request about how satisfied i am with cox, what phone service i use, which phone os I use, which phone am I interested in winning. . After answering 9 qyestions it goes to a new screen, question 10 was where to ship the samsung10, I selected. It pops up congrarulations you won an iphone 11 and so i press the back button since thats not the phone selected and the survey is gone.

5 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't know why Cox...as a broadband provider...would invest in a survey about cellular service.

It does look like a scam but what was the scam?  How much personal information did you give?  Did clicking the link download something onto your phone?  Your OS may have good malware protection but I suppose a second program wouldn't hurt to scan.  There is a free version of Malwarebytes and it's reputable.  Can't hurt nothing.

chatter
    New Contributor

I think to have found/experience the same --- in what I now find your chat to speak about,  As I begin a search to see if anyone else has experienced of it.  I been trying first to contact 'Oliver' of online chat: that's a failure. Then I try for customer service online, as I expect a failure of that, but had to give a try; and that was such result. So I try another search, and that be to look at what was seen as the online chats -- of the seen forum, when I first came online.  As YOUR comment be all that I yet looked at, on this chat.
    I WILL SAY ---- My attempts I did in my home, before this coming online: I been mak

chatter
      New Contributor

Cox cut me off my typing, as I have to continue my above: I been making multiple phone call attempts. First to get a tech issue, that was resolved.  >>> THEN Choose billing as, for a topic I had to ask. But in this case I SHARE, 'Billing' results that 'Billing' is not the traditional highest priority of Cox.  As the results of calls to 'Billing' being that noone is avail; but no time is given when to call back.  I as anyone esle have to do persistent searching so to  find the business hours for 'Billing.'  AS THERE BE NO ~ALTERNATIVE~  ONLINE CHAT TO THIS.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

In 1 sentence:  what are you trying to do?

Allan
      @Chatter, To discuss account specific issues, please send us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the concern to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan