Forum Discussion

Msgdiaz7
New Contributor
15 days ago

Since the transition to Yahoo mail yesterday, I can receive emails on my iPhone, but I cannot send.

I get a message saying that the username or password for the SMTP is incorrect. I tried changing the password to the new yahoo password, that did not work either. Can you help?

5 Replies

• Hi, there. Thank you for your post. I'm so sorry for the issues with configuring the client post-Yahoo migration. First, ensure you have added the Cox.net to the username for SMTP on your iPhone. If that has been done and you are still having an issue, this might work. https://www.ubackup.com/articles/yahoo-mail-not-working-with-outlook365.html Follow the instructions, but for the manual app input, do not use Outlook, type in "Apple Mail". I hope this helps. 

Msgdiaz7
    New Contributor

Thank you for the prompt response. I don’t believe the solution you offered applies to my situation. I am not using Outlook. I’m using the iPhone Mail app.

ChrisJ2

Yes I understood. The last line indicates to change "Outlook" to Apple Mail" when choosing the app at Yahoo. 

Msgdiaz7
        New Contributor

Thank you. Yes; I went back and read that. However, I did follow the instructions, but to no avail.