Forum Discussion

jordans28
New Contributor
2 months ago

Email Disaster

For Cox to offload email service to Yahoo may have been good business for them but it has been an unmitigated kick in the groin for this user.  Our folders migrated alright but our address book with 500+ contacts failed to make the transition.  I tried numerous times to export the file using Microsoft's detailed instructions and never could make it work.   Folder sorting features were lost (name, date).  Text editing features diminished.  And I still haven't found a "Refresh" button.  Then the relentless ads, top-of-the-list on every folder feed, were overwhelming.  No trash can available for ads like you get on any other message.  We finally gave up and submitted to their subscription fee just to get rid of the ads.  Cox should lower our bill on remaining services as compensation.  HAH! Like that will ever happen. 

• jordans28 

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during the mail transition to Yahoo. I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with your contacts migrating. If they were stored in your webmail, they should have transitioned seamlessly along with messages, folders, and calendars, however if the contacts were stored in a third-party email client instead, they would only be available in the client. If the other features you mention were part of that third party software, they wouldn't carry over either.

I used the sender sort option frequently and at first also had difficulty without it, but I did notice in Yahoo mail on the web, that if you hover over a message there is a magnifying glass to the right of the sender's name that you can click to search for messages from that particular sender. I would recommend sharing your feedback with Yahoo, since Cox doesn't have any input. If you need assistance with any other matters relating to your Cox service or account, please  email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post. You can also reach us on Twitter/X  @CoxHelp, or visit us on Facebook.

jordans28
      New Contributor

I don't have enough "tech-savvy" to know where the contacts were stored.  Our email interface for the Cox account was Outlook.  The top toolbar had a contact icon called "Address Book" and would say "Contacts-this computer only" when the list opened.  I assume the contact list was either in Outlook or on Cox's server.

DannyS

Understanding the transition can be tricky for users with their third-party mail clients.  For assistance after the migration.  Yahoo does provide migrated cox.net customers with 90 days of premium support.  Customers can call 1-866-562-7250 for support if needed.