Forum Discussion

msomadelis
New Contributor
8 months ago

can't delete emails

Can't delete emails...am at max/2gb....one cox Customer service rep hung up on me...second call said that  Cox is aware of the "can not delete"  problem and is working issue (at least he knew there was a problem) ..no ETA nor did they know when the problem started...WTF...need my wife to migrate to gmail like I have so I can save couple hundred per  $/month for crappy service  and move to verizon for intenet and utube for TV. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    RHoL495
    New Contributor III

I am having the same problem also, with cox.net emails, I can delete emails, but the inbox still showes the email heading/subject lines, unable to clear inbox. Also when accessing email it takes a very long time for the URLs to load, all the above has taken place since the new email upgrade. I am located in Arkoma, OK. 74901

TiffanyR

Hello RHoL495, I am truly sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with the email and that the subject line remains after deleting the email. What browser are you using? Have you tried to access your email from a different browser and/or device? 

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Until Cox implements the fix for the the deleted emails issue in your market, try clicking the Refresh icon to clear the deleted subject lines.

• Hello, We are still working on the webmail issue and hope to have the issue resolved soon. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.  

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If you're experiencing the Webmail issue of email entries not being removed from a folder when deleted, right clicking on the folder and selecting "Delete all messages" wil delete ALL email and clear the folder.  When deleting entries in Trash, the menu item is "Empty trash".

Note: This method should only been used when deleting ALL messages in a folder.

Closing all browser tabs and re-opening Webmail could temporarily fix the issue.