Forum Discussion

rickason
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

No Access to Cox IMAP Email Account

Since mid-day on 6/28/22 (a little over 3 days ago), I have not been able to access my cox email through any IMAP configured device. I have tried two desktop PCs, a laptop and my iPhone.  Access to my email account was attempted at my own home, office and from different locations on different wifi networks. So I know it is not an issue with my devices. Prior to 6/28/22, I could access email on all of these devices.  I have also double-checked the IMAP server settings, and ensured they are exactly according to cox's requirements: imap.cox.net , secure port 993, etc... 

The message I get when trying to access my email account on IMAP configured devices through Outlook 365 is as follows:  Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for 'XXXXXX@cox.net.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for XXXXXX@cox.net. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I can login to cox.com with my cox email account and have full access to web email without any problems.  The same account name and password is used on all IMAP devices but with no luck.

Can anyone help with this?

• Bruce,

Thanks for the heads up.  I just tried that and it did work.

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    robinsnest
    New Contributor

I have the same problem.  When calling for support I was told to change my password.  When I told them again that I could log into webmail, so it wasn't the password, support had no idea why I was having problems.  My problem also started on June 28th.

Rstock
    New Contributor

Had same problem support from cox was useless I ended up changing my cox account password then set up my email on my phone with the new password and bingo bingo problem solved. I also deleted the account on my phone first then set it up from there like new hope this helps