Forum Discussion

JimR75
New Contributor II
17 days ago
Solved

With Yahoo all Cox email accounts show only owners name

Wife is the owner of our cox account. When I create an email with Yahoo, her name shows up as the sender, not mine. Cox CSR says there is no fix for this to show my name as sender. Others experiencing this? Any work around? Thanks.

• Solved the problem. Sign into Yahoo Mail, click on the gear > more settings  > mailboxes > account that you want to edit in mailbox list  > change to your name > Save

7 Replies

• Hello JimR75, this may be an issue during the initial set up when accepting terms and conditions upon the transfer to Yahoo's server.  Once an email was staged for transfer.  We would no longer have access to it for assistance.  You can reach out to Yahoo at help.yahoo.com or by calling Yahoo Support at 1-866-562-7250.  They may be able to help with making these types of corrections on the account. 

PC_Medic
    New Contributor II

Have you also created your own 'Yahoo' account?

The instructions for the transition from Cox to Yahoo email was far from clear by either company.
    Each email account from Cox will have to sign up for their own Yahoo Acct.

JimR75
      New Contributor II

Yes; I created my Yahoo account. That went smoothly. The problems lies with the way the name is displayed: it shows the overall Cox account owner ( my wife) as the person who contracted with Cox over 30 years ago for TV and internet services. Her name is grayed out so I see no way to change it.

JimR75
    New Contributor II

Solved the problem. Sign into Yahoo Mail, click on the gear > more settings  > mailboxes > account that you want to edit in mailbox list  > change to your name > Save