Forum Discussion

ScrimmyBingus
New Contributor
4 years ago

Nightly internet outage

Internet disconnects every night from about 9pm to 10am anyone else had this issue?

Very large bruh moment here

7 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @ScrimmyBingus,

I know how frustrating it is to have spotty internet. Please make sure all connections are securely connected (finger tight) and the cables are undamaged. When you say that the internet disconnects, do you mean a hardwired connection or wifi?

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    em_kay_b
    New Contributor

ScrimmyBingus:

We have been experiencing our internet dropping for weeks now. First it would drop everyday around 2:30pm-3:00pm. More recently it has started dropping every night between 11:00pm-11:30pm. Due to COVID we are working from home, so having to stop, reboot and get situated again, every day, is truly annoying. For us, the problem seemed to start after they did work on our street. They said we'd be down that day for no more that four hours, but it ended up that we dropped off and on all throughout the entire day and it's continued everyday since. I dislike Cox to the point where we dropped all services except the internet. We are at the tier just below Gigablast. Also, can someone explain how our plan says we get up to 1.2 TB of data available but send notices saying we're nearing our limit every month now?

MichaelJ
      Hi, Em_kay_b,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with the internet services. Our Forums members will not be able to address these issues for you. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Please include a link to your original message here on the Forums.

Thank you,

Mike J.
      KeithMag
      New Contributor

Don't feel bad you are not alone. I too have the same problem of daily internet drops which are affecting my ability to earn a living. Have called support several times, had multiple techs dispatched to my home, another coming today, all to no avail. Almost every day I can expect the internet to go down between midnight and 2 am and stay down from a minute to several hours. Going to google how to file an FCC complaint since Cox either can't employ techs who can figure out what the problem is or they just choose not to fix the problem because, hey, it's cheaper to pay a CSR to listen to my complaints and tell me to reboot my modem than to fix the frigging problem!

Allan
        @KeithMag, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this ongoing internet concern to cox.help@cox.com so we can help. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    twirlyyy
    New Contributor

This is happening at midnight for me too if they don’t give me internet half the time I shouldn’t pay half my Bill I’m tired of them all they have is excuses

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Twirlyy,

I know how important it is for you to have stable internet. Sounds like you may need some further investigating. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. Please contact us via email at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.