Forum Discussion

nchokas
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Continuously having intermittent internet outage issues...

• We have always used the Cox supplied Panoramic modem/router
  • We have had continuous intermittent internet drop issues for at least a year now.  Internet will randomly go out for a couple minutes and then come back online automatically
  • Affects all wireless devices and the wired laptop I have plugged in (no internet access)
  • Things we've tried, but still have the same issues....
    • Resetting the modem does nothing
    • The Cox Tech Support (via Chat) have done multiple tests/resets/etc.
    • Got a brand new Panoramic modem/router a few days ago (SN: 212930060175112690)
    • The worst/interesting part is...We just moved into a new house, in the same neighborhood, and we are STILL having the same intermittent internet drop issues...!!!!!!!!!!!

Extremely frustrating...My wife and I work from home so we need SOLID internet that does not randomly drop.

What could be causing this?  I configured the same Wifi Name/Password as our old house.  Is there a limitation for what special characters you can have in your WiFi Password?  

We also have a TP-Link adapter for my wife's hardwired Ethernet Phone, since her office is not near the Cox Modem/router.

• Hello Nchokas,

I'm sorry to hear you continue to face intermittent drop outs with the internet connection found on the hardwired laptop and wireless. I understand it's extremely frustrating when this is happening, and wanting a solution. We may need to reserve a service appointment to look into this further. If you need assistance with that step, please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your address and first and last name with a web address to your message on our forum.
    Did you happen to bring any wiring with you from the previous property that you use in your new house like any splitters or signal amplifiers? If you are using an amplifier or a splitter, please carefully remove those and test the connection with one coaxial cable.

Dustin
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello Nchokas,

I'm sorry to hear you continue to face intermittent drop outs with the internet connection found on the hardwired laptop and wireless. I understand it's extremely frustrating when this is happening, and wanting a solution. We may need to reserve a service appointment to look into this further. If you need assistance with that step, please email us at Cox.Help@cox.com with your address and first and last name with a web address to your message on our forum.
    Did you happen to bring any wiring with you from the previous property that you use in your new house like any splitters or signal amplifiers? If you are using an amplifier or a splitter, please carefully remove those and test the connection with one coaxial cable.

Dustin
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    UpsetCoxCust
    New Contributor II

I'm having this exact issue - I'm starting to feel like they don't want to fix it.  I'm on over 10 reps 1 tech has come out and nothing has been resolved exceptttt it's worse less than 100 down...

CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. -Crystal S. Cox Support Forum Moderator