Forum Discussion

sueoca
New Contributor II
3 months ago
Solved

outage after upgrades

In the last week, everything has gone down sometimes once a day. Anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. Early evening or early morning. It is not my cable connection in my home, or my modem/equipment. When i check for outages on line, there are none reported. I am told upgrades have recently been done and there actually have been outages happening since. Anyone else? How do I get this to stop? 

• Hello. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com. 

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    devhsoj
    New Contributor

This exact problem is happening to me as well. Ever since I upgraded my plan, it has gone out every day at 12 am - 2 am... This is very annoying and I'm considering switching services...

• Hello. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com. 

mdl
      New Contributor II

My service has also been crap since the "upgrade". Intermittent and much slower. Great "upgrade". 

sueoca
      New Contributor II

Hi. Thank you. I already spoke with tech support (not customer service) on 1-26-2024. Everything is fully/extensively documented on this tech support call. I cannot add any additional info to the tech support call. Yet it went down again last night.

sueoca
      New Contributor II

See documented tech support call (not customer service) on 1-26-2024. Spent a lot of time reporting the issue.

Internet down again today.

• i was having problem before the upgrade. i have no serves for 2 week and not i cant play my xbox or ps5 

Allan

Hello. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com. 

mdl
    New Contributor II

These problems started approx 10 days ago when the net was down for "maintenance and upgrades" as I was told at the time (9 PM) and that it would be back online at (1:02 AM, very specific I thought). I suggested maybe they consider doing "maintenance" STARTING at 1:02 AM. Anyway, since the "upgrade" the service has been garbage, slower and intermittent.

I have been a customer for 30 years, definitely time to change. My neighbor went with Starlink and is very happy.

StephanieS

mdl

Hi, I'd really like to take a look at your services and see what's happening.  Please send me an email and include your full name, address and a link to this Forums post.  You can email me at cox.help@cox.com.  

StephanieS

Cox Support Forums Moderator

mdl
        New Contributor II

Your tech was out Saturday 2/3 and determined that my problems were caused by the "maintenance and upgrade to improve my experience". Something about "balancing" the hub's traffic. And also that my problems, caused by Cox, wouldn't be fixed for 5-6 days. How exactly is this improving my experience???

Starlink is looking better and better.