Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
11 months ago
Solved

Plan name changes and upgrades.

I saw a post on Reddit that the name for Gigablast is going to be changed. It also mentions that Preferred will be renamed "Go Even Faster" and may be related to the speed upgrade to 500Mbps download. Not sure if relevant to the upload speed increase to 1/10th of download speed. On the Cox bill, you will see:

"NEWS FROM COX

Your Cox Internet tier has a new name. Starting June 27, 2023, your Gigablast Internet is now called Go Super Fast Internet. It's a new name with the same fast speeds."

Could this be confirmed by a moderator? Anyone else notice this on their bill? How do you feel about these name changes?

DannyS
    11 months ago
    We are in the process of renaming the internet tiers of service. This will be nationwide and as we make these changes, it will be relayed to customers through the "News from Cox" section of your billing statement. -Dan

30 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Shouldn't the 2 Gb plan be called "Go Beyond Super Fast"?  The way its named now, the 2 Gb plan would be placed right after the 100 Mb plan "Go Fast."

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Who knows what they were thinking. I am just glad we have something to reference now. Also, the upgrade to upload speed is very welcome. Too bad it's not available in all areas yet.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    Gigablast Internet is now called Go Super Fast

Perhaps Cox is following the same notation as the frequency bands.  500 Mbps will be "Go Ultra Fast," 1 Gb is "...Super Fast," 2 Gb "...Extremely Fast." and any future plan would be "Go Tremendously Fast."  I think I've got their "Go Ultra Slow" plan.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Yea...all gone Quagmire.  Perhaps "Subpar Fast Internet"?

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Confirmation of the notification here. So at least AZ and VA got the message on this month's bill and I suspect it was national.

HelenInKansas
      New Contributor II

I got the new plan name for Preferred in my bill message, and I live in Kansas. 

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for input! Any change to your speed? Some people are reporting 500/50Mbps.

::edit:: Nevermind, I see you already posted that you got the upgrade to 500Mbps download.

DannyS
      We are in the process of renaming the internet tiers of service. This will be nationwide and as we make these changes, it will be relayed to customers through the "News from Cox" section of your billing statement. -Dan
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

This happened while I was out of contact with the world due to a power outage.  My thoughts are that the new name sounds like something someone with a marketing major came up with.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I am going by the old names until they update the website. However I guess the change is to move away from associating top tier service with 1000Mbps(AKA Gigabit) service. GIGablast for 2Gbps service no longer made sense.