Forum Discussion

Dobb07
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Frequent Internet Outages

I moved about a month ago, and ever since I setup my Internet with Cox at my new home my internet has been going out frequently. The interrupts are sometimes a few seconds, and are sometimes 15 minutes or so. I lose my connection on all of my devices. Some of which are wired, and some are wireless. I'm using the modem/router unit from Cox. I have been working in IT for almost a decade, so I thought to check the router logs and there was nothing of value in there. (just entries about the modem obtaining a new IP after some of the disconnects.)

I have tried contacting Cox support via phone and text, and they are always extremely unhelpful. All they do is remotely restart my modem and tell me the next step is to send a technician out, which they want to charge me $100 for.

Why do I have to pay Cox to fix an issue with service I am already paying for? That's like paying the electric company when there is a power outage. It makes no sense, and in my opinion, unethical. 

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Dobb07
    New Contributor II

6 disconnects in the last 90 minutes. Please for the love of God, Cox, do something. This is unusable.

Allan
      @Dobb07. The modem is reporting some time out errors. Are there any splitters or signal amps on the cable line going to the modem? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        Dobb07
        New Contributor II

I'm not sure what's in the wall, but there is nothing on the line between the wall jack and the modem.