Forum Discussion

Inland
New Contributor II
2 months ago
Solved

Problem Report: Nomorobo Activation Is Frequently Deactivated Requiring Frequent Re-activation

This has been an ongoing problem. Please rectify the problem.

Sincerely,

--Dennis--

• Leave Nomorobo deactivated and use Voice Tools 'Spam Blocker".  Set it and forget about it.

Voice Tools > Settings > Spam Blocker: Customize > Select Block for each type > Save

Your phone won't ring for blocked calls but they will be included in Voice Tools 'Call History'.  

When an unwanted call is still received occasionally, block it with phone codes.

With a dial tone, press *60 then 2 to block incoming calls.  Enter the number and press # or just press # to block the number of the last incoming call.  Up to 25 numbers may be blocked,

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Leave Nomorobo deactivated and use Voice Tools 'Spam Blocker".  Set it and forget about it.

Voice Tools > Settings > Spam Blocker: Customize > Select Block for each type > Save

Your phone won't ring for blocked calls but they will be included in Voice Tools 'Call History'.  

When an unwanted call is still received occasionally, block it with phone codes.

With a dial tone, press *60 then 2 to block incoming calls.  Enter the number and press # or just press # to block the number of the last incoming call.  Up to 25 numbers may be blocked,

Anesti33
      New Contributor II

thank you kindly for your solution! I followed your link to voice tools, and the Cox website prompted me to log in; and after valid authentication, the website malfunctioned and launched in an infinite loop without any interaction from user.

yes, as a matter of fact, I have tried from various combinations of browsers and devices. I have also cleared my cookies and cash. I run no extensions. what else could go wrong with their website except Cox's own malfunction? there are currently other areas of Cox websites malfunctioning such as lifeline application.

The tech support reps do not understand my questions and they insist that the website is functional and they cannot assist any further nor escalate to a management.

Are voice tools unavailable to certain customers?

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

As far as I know, 'Voice Tools' should be available for use by all Cox customers who subscribe to Cox Voice, but it has a history of issues.  If you're unable to access 'Voice Tools', contact cox.help@cox.com and include your full name, the service address, a brief description of your issue and a link to this forum discussion.  Cox should create a customer ticket for you.  Get the ticket number for reference in future Cox communications.  When the issue is fixed, follow the 'Spam Blocker' instructions in the previous post.