Forum Discussion

Coxiscrap
New Contributor
2 months ago
Solved

Cox to Yahoo email: Will the conversion mess up the yahoo email with the same name?

I have a yahoo account with the same name.  Will the conversion change my password or inbox contents?

I use a different password on the cox vs yahoo accounts with the same name.  Will this be changed?

• Hi. Your cox account has Cox.net and you will need to create a totally new password once you convert it to Yahoo and it will not change any of your folders nor your inbox. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi. Your cox account has Cox.net and you will need to create a totally new password once you convert it to Yahoo and it will not change any of your folders nor your inbox. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator. 

Coxiscrap
      New Contributor

I was requested to mark this as the answer / solution.  However we really don't know how the forwarded info from the cox server will mess up yahoo already having the same prefix name. 

Every time I had email problems, cox blamed my Thunderbird program.  I do not use the archaic webmail.  Turns out it was always a server fault.  So we just don't know how this will go. 

Coxiscrap
    New Contributor

This was asked by cinky51 3 months ago.  Still no response.