Welcome to the Cox Community
Our community is a collaborative place to learn about Cox products and services. Jump into the conversation today!
Messages
Selected Messages
Our community is a collaborative place to learn about Cox products and services. Jump into the conversation today!
New Contributor
•
6 Messages
Closed
Been without TV for about two weeks now. Was working great until I had to give my parents my cablecard because their system stopped working. Now I cannot get my new cablecard to activate. Spent hours on the phone with Cox, multiple truck rolls to the house, and now I wait for Cox to fix the problem on the backend. Seems like going "all digital" messed with the cablecard communication protocol. The last tech said they moved from one way communication to two way.
My PC uses the Ceton InfiniTv 4. Now I wait until enough people have the same problem so Cox will fix it. I see a few other posts with TiVo's having the same issue so I am hoping it will be fixed soon.
Discussions
•
Updated
5.8K
10
0
0
Package site
Discussions
1
0
Pro Connect Charges
Discussions
1
0
Internet outage 24 hrs
Discussions
4
0
Bills
Discussions
1
0
Daily outages
Discussions
2
0
Pro Connect Charges
Discussions
1
0
Billing cycle
Discussions
1
0
Package site
Discussions
1
0
Bills
Discussions
1
0
Internet outage 24 hrs
Discussions
4
0
Tecknowhelp
Valued Contributor II
•
What error message are you getting? Cablecards always needed two way communication, they just don't use it for two way systems (guide, EOD, etc).
0
0
MCE_Mike
New Contributor
•
0
0
Tecknowhelp
Valued Contributor II
•
Can you see what your upstream power level or OOB signal is? Usually that is s
0
0
Becky
+2 more
Moderator
•
It doesn't look like the card is paired properly or that the tuning adapter is communicating. Do the Ceton diagnostics show that the card is authorized? What are your OOB and upstream power levels?
0
0
MCE_Mike
New Contributor
•
I sent the InfiniTv diagnostic report to Ceton and they said the OOB signal not being locked is a problem. They told me to tell Cox "to check the OOB frequency" which I have but the techs do not seem to know what to do about that.
I have a Cox truck coming today that is supposed to be working with level three support so I will let you know what they find.
0
0
MCE_Mike
New Contributor
•
Okay, many more calls and trucks to the house since the last update. At some point, Cox did some server side reconfiguration and I actually managed to get an OOB signal lock for a few days. I even managed to get all green check marks on the Ceton diagnostics tool for about 24 hours, but still never received any channels. But even that was short lived and I can no longer get OOB lock or CCV validation.
I have reached the end of the road. I am going back to ATSC until Cox can get this figured out. I am sure there are at least a few people within Cox that knows how to fix this, I just can't get to them. Even the Cox field tech had to hold for over 30 minutes to talk to his support team.
0
0
DustinP
Moderator
•
I see this has been evaluated by the field. Are you still experiencing an error message on these channels, and is it the same or different than before?
0
0
MCE_Mike
New Contributor
•
0
0
Dina
Contributor III
•
Thanks for the update. Please keep us in the loop.
0
0
MCE_Mike
New Contributor
•
Worked with Ceton some more on trying to resolve the issue with no luck. I have officially given up on trying to get this to work. I am 99% sure it's not a problem on the computer as I have tried many different PCs and images on those PCs. I am an engineer for Intel so I know a little about PCs.
Good luck if you are at this same point and continuing on.
0
0