This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disgusted with spam problem

In the past 12 days, I have moved 74 spam emails from my inbox to my spam folder. A few months ago and Many years prior to this I had zero spam emails for very long periods of time and never had any multiple spam problems whatsoever. Something is very wrong at Cox to have not resolved this problem. When I phoned Cox, I was told that many customers have been complaining about a recent increase in receiving spam. I dread having to change my cox email address to another company after having this account for many years, but if this continues, that may be my only solution. Has anyone else quit using Cox email due to this problem? (Chase)

• I quit when my Cox email was hacked, which allowed them to get into my other accounts. Don't trust your Cox email for anything other then casual conversation. This was before the spam issue, but I saw the writing on the wall. I personally switched to Gmail, and couldn't be happier. I hear other people like ProtonMail Free. It's limited to 150 messages a day, but that is more then enough for most people.

• I was just about to post about the same thing, the spam emails are out of control, yet COX is moving valid emails to my spam folder. I see they also took away all the settings where you could filter and adjust. Their email service has been terrible for years. When I call Customer Service about it all they tell me is "its free email what do you expect" REALLY!??! First of all it is no 'free' if you do not have services with COX that you PAY FOR you can not have a COX email account. For what COX charges for their services you would think they would put out a better email product.

• I was just about to post about the same thing, the spam emails are out of control, yet COX is moving valid emails to my spam folder. I see they also took away all the settings where you could filter and adjust. Their email service has been terrible for years. When I call Customer Service about it all they tell me is "its free email what do you expect" REALLY!??! First of all it is no 'free' if you do not have services with COX that you PAY FOR you can not have a COX email account. For what COX charges for their services you would think they would put out a better email product.

• For what COX charges for their services you would think they would put out a better email product.

I don't disagree with you in principle, but couldn't the same thing be said about Antivirus or when Cox used to offer newsgroups? Do you comment if the toy in the happy meal is cheap? Yea, if it blows up or chokes your kid, but it's designed to be cheap. So is Cox webmail. So would you be willing to pay a bit extra if it meant your email was good? How important is it to you really? I certainly think it should be better then it is, but I don't think it's realistic for a ISP to have better email then Gmail. No ISP does. 

PS. I am NOT defending Cox, just trying to be realistic.