Forum Discussion

wdaley
New Contributor II
12 days ago
Solved

Mac with Sonoma won’t let my cox/yahoo account to go online.

MacBook Pro with Sonoma OS, I added my Cox yahoo account to the Apple email program. However, it will not let me take this account online. The status will always remain off-line no matter what steps I try to take it online. I haven’t been able to find anywhere if I need to change the IMAP and SMTP settings if that’s what’s required. Anyone have a fix to this problem?

• Ok, the key is when you log into yahoo and create the account, you will then need to generate a passcode to use when setting up on the Mac.  When you go to set up on the Mac use your Cox account and use the newly generated password from yahoo.  Once it lets you create the account on the Mac you then need to change the IMAP and SMTP settings to ....mail.yahoo.com.  Then using the newly generated yahoo password it will let you set up the account on the Mac.  (what a pain.)

6 Replies

• Hi, there. I'm so sorry for the difficulty you're having with the migration and I want to help. Though the support is exclusively Yahoo's once the migration has occurred, I would want to know if you are able to log in at mail.yahoo.com initially. If you have not tried. ensure you are adding the Cox.net to the username there and let me know if that works. 

wdaley
    New Contributor II

Yes, I am able to login on the yahoo website on my desktop and also it works fine on my iPhone.

wdaley
    New Contributor II

Also, I have deleted and re-added the email on my Mac several times with the same result of it continue to remain in an off-line status

wdaley
        New Contributor II

Ok, the key is when you log into yahoo and create the account, you will then need to generate a passcode to use when setting up on the Mac.  When you go to set up on the Mac use your Cox account and use the newly generated password from yahoo.  Once it lets you create the account on the Mac you then need to change the IMAP and SMTP settings to ....mail.yahoo.com.  Then using the newly generated yahoo password it will let you set up the account on the Mac.  (what a pain.)