Forum Discussion

susanscastillo
New Contributor
3 months ago

Printer won’t connect

I upgraded my internet and now my Canon Selphy 1300 will not connect to the wifi. I’ve narrowed the problem down to the WiFi mode. The printer requires 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g but my WiFi is 2.4 GHz 802.11g,n 

I have tried to change the WiFi mode to 2.4 GHz 802.11g,n,ax to see if the printer will connect to that but I get an error page.

any suggestions?

6 Replies

• Hi susanscastillo, if the modem was replaced and looking to reconnect this printer to a new network.  You may want to ensure that the modem you have now has the SSID's and passwords for the 2.4 and 5Mhz networks named the same.  It will automatically connect to the 2.4Mhz network once connected.  Another thing if not done, would be to delete the old network from the printer.  As maybe it could be cached and not allowing the new network to connect.  

susanscastillo
      New Contributor

The SSID’s and passwords did not change when Cox upgraded my Gateway. It will not connect. I already reset the printer to the factory defaults and reentered the SSID and password for the 2.4 network. 

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

802.11n is backwards compatible with 802.11 b and g. Most likely your problem is WPA. You are using WPA2 and your printer cannot handle it and needs either WPA 1, or WEP. if it's WEP, buy a new printer. If it's WPA, you can turn on a compatibility mode in the router to make it wpa and wpa2 instead of JUST wpa 2. 

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

Then you will need to contact the printer mfg or Cox CCC. Cox regular tech support doesn't provide support for connecting printers to WiFi unless something has drastically changed recently. 

Also, ensure that your printer is at least 6 feet away or more from the router.