Forum Discussion

Joybells
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Cannot connect wireless printer

I recently upgraded my Cox modem to the Panoramic model and now I can't get my wireless Canon Pixma MX922 to connect.  I have turned everything off and back on. I have uninstalled my printer and re-installed it. I have gone through the steps on my printer to find the access point and hold down the WPS button on the modem and then the printer says that it is connected, but I can't get anything to print.  It just says Printer Not Responding. I called Cox and the technician said that they are not trained with printers and that she couldn't help me. I'm not the best tech saavy person, but I sure hope someone can help me.

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Odd question but what is the make and model of your previous router?

Joybells
      New Contributor II

I have already done those steps and it didn't work. I honestly can't remember the previous modem. It was from Cox and I guess we were renting it. When I upgraded, they had me take that one to the store and switch it with the Panoramic one.

bearone2
    Contributor III

as i recall when i setup a samsung printer, couldn't print from any docs/pics unless within the printer app.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Did you share your printer off the router?

If one is to network a printer, the printer needs a "server" to share, spool, queue, etc.  Some routers allow you to install software to manage network printing...some don't.

I'm thinking the previous router allowed network printing but this router does not.  However, if the OP's printer can act as the "server," this might be the only solution.

bearone2
        Contributor III

shared??? all wifi devices had access, see below comment..

that's why i stated my samsung printer. don't know which printer op has.

it turned out printing from cell phone was a pita, i only set it up on each device, printed a test page from each device, never used wifi printing again.

for when you ask, pc is hardwired to printer..